Tuesday 1 May 2012

Christmas card



This is a Christmas card I created last year. part of the challenge of making this card was the fact that it was being entered into a competition, where the best card would be selected to be sent out as a Christmas card from the college. This meant that I had to consider the fact that if my card was chosen it would have to be appropriate for all different types of cultures and people from different religious backgrounds.
I chose to use my own photography and text to make up my Christmas card. I used layers to layer my photographs. I changed the fill and opacity of my images, so you could see the image through the other one. I chose to use lotrs of different types of text in my piece, to make it look interesting. I also layered an photo I had teaken of snow to give my card a Chrismas-y theme.
I was very pleased with my card. I liked the finished result of the different photographs layered over each other. I think it makes my piece look very interesting and eye-catching.

I enjpyed this challenege. It extended my knowledge of photoshop drastically, and I feel more comfortable using photoshop having completed this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment